Monday, September 17, 2007

The mother of all languages

The last week or so, I have been roaming the internet (especially Wikipedia) for information about alternative programming languages, paradigms and theories about these two. I have no solution what so ever about this. But finally I know how I am going to attack this problem of understanding the magic of programming languages.

When I solve any programming related problem I usually break down the problem in layers of abstraction. In other words, I build many small problem solvers which in turn makes it easy to solve the bigger problem in the end. So I think I need to start looking at the roots, and then work my way from there. I want a language in which I can define any other language implementing any programming paradigms.

I will keep you informed of any progress..

Addition: After writing this article I googled "The mother of all languages". Didn't find anything useful. Went to bed, couldn't sleep. Got up and googled "programming paradigms" and found this article: Language Oriented Programming: The Next Programming Paradigm This is exactly what I'm after right now.

No comments: