- Execute cd /usr/ports/sysutils/webmin
- Execute make install clean
- Execute cd /usr/local/lib/webmin
- Execute ./setup.sh
You will have to answer some questions.
- Where should logging be placed
- What port number should webmin bind to
- What username and password
- Should SSL be used
- Maby some other stuff
Default answers to any of these is good enough. I prefer using SSL.
- Execute: ee /etc/rc.conf
- Now add a line at the bottom that say: webmin_enable="YES"
Reboot your machine
- Execute reboot
- With web browser point to https://machine-IP:webminportnr
- Enter credentials
- Unfold Webmin in the left menu
- Click "upgrade webmin" (the upwards pointy icon)
- Make sure that the "Latest version from www.webmin.com" option is selected and click "Upgrade webmin"
- Take a break
- If there are any modules that needs upgrading, you will be informed about that. Personally I always chose to upgrade those too.
- Unfold System in the left menu
- Click "Users and groups"
- Somewhere around the top there should be a link called "Create a new user." Click it.
- Enter whatever username you like
- Enter whatever Real Name you like
- (if you like) Choose /usr/local/bin/bash in the Shell option
- Select "Normal password" and enter a password in the textbox
- In the "Group Membership" area click option "Existing group" and enter "wheel" in the textbox.
- Let everything else be as set by default
- Press the "Create" button down at the bottom.
any other machine on your network.